Thanksgiving Pumpkin Shake
You know it’s that time of year when Starbucks advertises their ‘Pumpkin Spice Latte’s’; yes, it’s Fall and Thanksgiving is almost here.
Instead of the coffee, and possibly the high fat milk, you can have a healthy protein shake that tastes almost the same as a Latte. The Pumpkin shake is full of healthy fibre, and taste!
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Shake Recipe
- 1 cup filtered water, milk or almond milk
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 heaping tbsp. unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 whole banana
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein (25-50 gr protein)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- Ground cinnamon to taste (you can also add a pinch of nutmeg and ground cloves)
- 1-2 tsp. fish oil (I like O3mega from Genuine Nutrition) or flax oil
Put liquid, ice and then remaining ingredients in a blender. Blend and drink immediately!
Enjoy and be well.
© 2011 Darren Stehle. All Rights Reserved.